Olgram biotech company: Olgram is an early stage biotechnology company, that fights against antibiotic persistence by developing 2 programs: i) the discovery and development of new anti-infectives and ii) the development of immunostimulatory molecules based on new chemical entity found in algae. The research activities are organized around 2 research centers, one in Rennes and one in Nantes. The successful candidate will work in Rennes, to perform the non regulatory preclinical experiments in the context of the development of new anti-persister molecules. The company has the ambition to strongly grow in the near future and become a leader in this field of antibiotic persistence.
To enable the further development of the company Olgram combines several state-of-the art skills with approaches in clinical pharmacology, immunology and microbiology, which enables development of innovative molecules and unique and original therapies.
Terms and conditions
We offer a 3 years position, with the possibility of an extension and permanent position, based on a positive evaluation of the progress, personal capabilities and compatibility. Salary will be competitive and will vary according to experience and negotiation. Special missions within Olgram company could entitle you to extra allowances based on funding.
- PhD in the field of Pharmaceutical Sciences/Pharmacology, Biology (e.g. microbiology or biochemistry with a focus on Peptides biology), (Bio-) physics, or a related discipline (graduation date before project start date)
- Experience in microbiological techniques/assays
- Affinity/experience with use of animal handling
- experience with in vitro experiments is a plus
- Affinity/experience with statistics;
- Experience in molecular biological techniques is of added value (e.g. transformation of strains, qPCR/PCR, sequencing, westernblots);
- Strong interest in antimicrobial drug research;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to organize research with both academics and biotechnology company;
- Good communication (verbal and writing) skills in English; French is a plus but not mandatory.
- Confirmed capacity to design experiment, write high-level scientific reports
- Interested in participating in the life of the laboratory and the company.
- Independent and creative team player.
We discovered new molecules with new and unique anti-infective properties, notably the ability to specifically destroy persistent bacteria. Now the is looking to further develop those molecules and more specifically it will be the role of the successful candidate to set up the models to study chronicity, find the mechanism of action and perform all non regulatory experiments to develop the molecule into a drug.